Do you struggle when drawing portraits, heads and faces? Do you want to draw with more skill, accuracy, likeness, realism and consistency? If you answered yes, then you're probably just like me...
Growing up I loved to draw faces, portraits and characters. I always wanted to be a professional artist and draw portraits for movies and tv shows, but I didn't know how to get there.
So I moved to Hollywood and tried to do it “on my own”...
Needless to say I struggled for years. Years of rejection and uninspiring, low paying jobs that lead to nowhere.
How I transformed my work and life
It wasn’t until I found the right mentors, learned the right skills and developed the right mindset that I finally got my first opportunity to draw characters and portraits for the entertainment industry.
Now after over 20 years of experience as a professional artist, teaching hundreds of students and writing two books on drawing, I’ve decided to teach and mentor others and help them reach their dreams and draw their best portraits possible.
Learn the Skills of Successful Portrait Artists
Drawing high quality, realistic portraits requires a specific combination of skills, knowledge and experience. In this program you will learn simple and powerful principles, tools and techniques to help you draw better portraits and get consistent results.
Here’s a sample of what you will learn:
✔️How to get better accuracy and likeness
✔️How to draw faces in perspective in any angle or position
✔️How to draw realistic and accurate looking features
✔️Shading techniques to get realistic light and shadow
✔️How to simplify and control hair and details…
✔️Finishing your portraits with consistent results and more…
Is This Program Right for You?
Head Drawing Masterclass is an intensive program for those who are serious about improving their head and portrait drawing. This program will help you the most if:
✔️You want to draw realistic faces but are struggling to reach that high quality, professional look
✔️You've drawing for a long time but struggle to get consistent, high quality results
✔️Can only draw faces in front view and want to draw the head in perspective in any angle
✔️Want to finally learn realistic light and shadow but don't know where to start
✔️You want to be guided by an experienced professional and learn real world skills that get results
Sound like you?
If you’re ready to get the skills and confidence of a professional, click the blue button above to join...
What's Inside The Class?
The full program includes 8 structured modules. Each module has over 2 hours of lectures and demonstrations. That's over 16 hours of total instruction! Along with the video lessons and demonstrations, students will have lifetime access to additional course materials like references, handouts, study guides and a private facebook community to interact with the instructor and fellow classmates.
Here's a sample of the topics covered:
Part 1 - Head Drawing Foundation
Module 1 - How to Never Draw Boring Heads Again
- Learning how to see and design
- Relearning how to draw heads and faces
- Defining head types and silhouettes
- Improving accuracy and likeness
Module 2 - Unified Theory of Rhythms and Planes
- Rhythms made easy
- Planes demystified
- rhythmic drawing techniques
- Planar drawing techniques
- combining planes and rhythms
Module 3 - Sculpting Heads and Faces
- Building rock solid architecture
- How to sculpt with line (“3D” drawing techniques)
- Box modeling techniques
- Carving techniques
Module 4 - Never Draw Flat, Boring Features Again
- Features made easy
- Relating eyes, nose and mouth
- Building rock solid architecture
- Combining 2D shapes with 3D structures
- How to use the ear for better accuracy and placement
Part 2 - Advanced Tools and Techniques
Module 5 - Essential Anatomy
- De-mystifying facial anatomy
- Mastering the skull and the major structures of the head
- how to create depth and overlaps
- using anatomy, rhythms and planes
Module 6 - How to Draw Difficult Poses and Angles
- mastering profile view (side view) and 3/4 view
- drawing the head looking up & down
- how to create depth and atmosphere
- accuracy and measuring techniques
Module 7 - Shading Like a BOSS
- introduction to light and shadow
- how to observe and control values
- simple and effective shading techniques
- how to sculpt with tone
Module 8 - How to Finish a Portrait Like a Pro
- how to simplify and control hair
- how to control and balance details
- finishing and accuracy techniques
- creating dynamic dynamic composition and eye flow
There are also exclusive bonuses and opportunities for full mentorship and coaching. See below for more information…
Choose Your Path
If you’re ready to take your head and portrait skills to the next level, choose from one of the options below...
1. Foundation Solo Pass
For those who are new to head and portrait drawing, the first 4 foundation classes will build a strong base of knowledge and skills to help you succeed on your head drawing journey
- 4 foundation modules with at least 2 hours of lecture and demonstration in each module (over 8 hours of total instruction!)
- detailed homework assignments and exercises
- complete course materials, handouts, references and study guides
- private Facebook group for students only to interact with the instructor and classmates.
2. Rising Star Studio Pass
For those who want to take their head drawing to whole new levels and get feedback and direct interaction with the instructor, choose the Rising Star Studio Pass.
Tuition Includes the FULL 8 week program, course materials, private community and these exclusive bonuses...
Exclusive Rising Star bonuses:
- All 8 modules, Foundation + Advanced (over 16 hours of instruction!)
- 4x critique and paint overs of completed homework assignments
- 1 month of Inner Circle mentorship with weekly mentor meetings with direct interaction with the instructor
- Portfolio review and career building training
3. Inner Circle Portrait Mastery
If you're serious about having professional skills and want the guidance of an experienced professional, join the Inner Circle.
Tuition Includes the FULL 8 week program, course materials and these exclusive bonuses...
Inner Circle Bonuses:
- Includes all Rising Star bonuses and...
- 3 months of mentoring and coaching with weekly, live meetings
- bonus classes and lessons for continued skill development
- full access to the 4 week Figure Drawing Foundation program ($497 value)
If you're ready to take your portraits and faces to the next level, click the blue button above to join...
About the Instructor
Hi my name Chris Legaspi. I’m a long time professional illustrator with over 20 years of experience. My work can be seen in hit movies, TV shows and video games. My Notable projects and clients include Birds of Prey, Deadpool 2, Shaft, Marvel, Disney and Warner Bros. Pictures.
Along with my professional experience, I have a passion for teaching and helping others. I’m committed to mentoring students who are serious about achieving their artistic and professional goals and dreams.
See below for a sample of my head and portrait drawings…
Reviews and Testimonials
“I thoroughly enjoyed your section in the portrait for beginners course. You made me feel at ease and comfortable to tackle something that felt impossible in the past. Thank you!”
— Josseline Jeria, Sydney, Fine Artist
- Tana Panruksa, Thailand, Mechanic
“Thanks again for helping me out and guiding me. I am way better now than when I first started.”
— Othell Flowers, Chicago, Comics Artist
“I’m an Italian professional illustrator and I found your course invaluable. Thank you.”
— Luca Gennai, Italy, Illustrator
Ready to learn head drawing skills that pay the bills?
If you're ready to transform your work and take your head drawing to the next level, join this powerful and in-depth program today. Click the blue button above to join.
For questions and comments, please email: chris [at] drawwithchris [dot] com, or message me on Instagram @chrislegaspi_art
Head and Portrait Masterclass Program